The Clubhouse was originally set up as the home of the Buckworth Cricket Club when the local pub closed. George Brown, a Buckworth farmer, provided the building next to the Manor House in Church Road together with the necessary materials to enable it to be turned into a clubhouse. The Clubhouse was opened in 1958 after five months of hard work.
Buckworth CC’s last cricket match was played in 1984, with the team’s demise following the creation of the Alconbury Sports and Social Club which was able to offer a level playing field free of grazing livestock!
More recently, Buckworth Cricket Club has become the centre for many village activities, details of which can be found elsewhere on this site, as well as serving as a local “watering hole” for its membership.
The Club provides a venue to host events, such as the annual Harvest Supper, which raise money for the Parish Church’s restoration fund.
The Clubhouse is used for meetings of the Parish Council and is the village Polling Station.
The Clubhouse is available for hire. Please contact the secretary for further information.
Buckworth Cricket Club can be found in Church Road, Buckworth, Huntingdon, PE28 5AL.